Home-Start Knowsley is a voluntary organisation offering support to local families who are facing difficulty and have at least one child under the age of eleven.
How we can help
A trained volunteer offers friendship as well as practical and emotional support. This is done in the family home and enables the family to cope with the pressures they are facing, and can help to reduce any crises.
Individual support by trained volunteers
Volunteers support families and their children in a way the family finds most useful. This could mean time to talk, help with the children, providing a break for parents, practical help, reassurance or even the chance to meet other families.
We now run different types of support aswell as homevisitng. Please see list below:
- Time for Me a 6 week course for parents to promote Mindfulness and Wellbeing.
- Parent and Toddler Group every Thursday morning during term time
- Jigsaw Tots every Tuesday morning during term time. (Parent and Toddler Group for children with complex needs)
- Baby Yoga – 5 weekly sessions of Mother and Baby yoga for babies up to 4 months old.
- Baby Massage – 5 weekly sessions of baby massage from 6 weeks old.
- Breastfeeding Peer Support – Supporting Knowsley Mums from when their baby is age 3 weeks through telephone support and homvisitng as well as groups throughout Knowsley. – See timetable for times and venues.
- Counselling Service – We now have our own Counsellor that we can refer the families we are working with to.
- Holiday Allsorts – Family fun activities during school holidays.
- Jigsaw Families – Family fun activities for parents/carers with children with complex needs
- Parenting Course – Occassionally we will run a 6 week course with a creche facility, for parents who want to explore and enhance their parenting skills.
- Fit 4 Life – Occassionally we will run a 7 week course on Health and Wellbeing for parents/carers with a creche facility.
If you are a parent or carer of a child under the age of 11 and are experiencing some difficulty, and would like to know more about how we might be able to support you please call us on 0151 480 3910 or send an email.